Instant Scratch Repair for Gelcoat & Paint
Minor scratches are practically
unavoidable. Yet we all know how much even the smallest scratch can be
annoying. That's why MarineFilm puts a unique smart and easy do-it-yourself
solution into the hands of all boat owners. Coated with high quality paint, it
covers minor scratches with an ultra-thin adhesive film, instantly covering
unsightly scratches in gelcoat or paint above the waterline.
MarineFilm is easy to apply and offered in the twelve most popular
gelcoat and Interlux topside paint colors. It’s cost-effective, kind to the
environment and it provides strong season long adhesion while being easily
removable when the boat is next hauled where it can be permanently repaired.
MarineFilm is as easy as 1-2-3. After selecting the right
1 - Locate the scratch
2 - Clean the damaged area
Carefully apply MarineFilm.
- Easy to Apply
- Offered in 12 colors
- Great adhesion and durability over a variety of surfaces
- Easily removed when necessary
- Two pre-cut shapes
- Tailor fit
MarineFilm is made up from five layers that make up a unique
flexible microfilm designed to create an almost invisible repair.
- Easy to apply, meaning a pleasing finish can be achieved
quickly and unsightly scratches can be hidden instantly and without fuss
- Avoids the need for clean up and personal protective
equipment during application
- Easy to match popular marine gelcoats and paints
- Provides a season long temporary repair that enables the
aesthetics of the topside to be maintained until the boat is next hauled
- No hassle removing when time to permanently repair.
- Ready to use right out of the package
- Custom fit to size of repair
- MarineFilm can be removed by using a hair dryer at medium
- When MarineFilm is applied to a scratch with flaking paint,
traces of paint may come off when MarineFilm is removed.
- MarineFilm should be removed prior to re-coating.
- Interlux is not liable for any color difference between
MarineFilm and your topside due to color changes in your topsides over time.
- Do not stretch MarineFilm prior to application.
- Apply MarineFilm when the substrate is between 59°F and 95°F
(15°C and 35°C).
- Allow 24 hours for MarineFilm to set before using friction
to clean the film / topside.
- Do not clean MarineFilm with flammable or toxic substances,
only use mild detergent and water.
- Do not use mechanical polishing equipment over MarineFilm.
- MarineFilm is a temporary cosmetic covering and is not
intended as a permanent repair.
Area: Above the waterline
Pack sizes: A6 Sheet or approx. 4" x 6" in. an
Substrates: Gelcoat or painted surfaces above the waterline
Color Code, Sales Code, Similar to Perfection® /Brightside®
- White 011, YSF011, White / Blu-Glo White / Mediterranean White
- White 012, YSF012, Snow White
- White 013, YSF013, Ivory / Hatteras Off-White
- White 014, YSF014, Matterhorn
- White 015, YSF015, Off White
- Black 111, YSF111, Black
- Blue 211, YSF211,Mauritius Blue / Flag Blue
- Blue 212, YSF212, Oxford
Blue / Dark Blue
- Blue 213, YSF213, Sapphire Blue / Lauderdale Blue
- Blue 214, YSF214, Largo Blue
/ Ocean Blue
- Green 311, YSF311, Sea Green / Jade Mist Green
- Red 411, YSF411L, Rochelle Red