The Legendary Fortress Anchor
In test after test, from coast to coast and from around the world, no anchor in history has been called “The World’s Best Anchor” by more boaters and respected marine experts than Fortress….and for good reason. Years of research and development, high-tech materials and manufacturing, plus thousands of real world test are your assurance of performance, quality, and value. Fortress anchors weigh only half as much as heavier steel anchors yet outperform them all. Why? Because the Fortress design does not depend upon weight to provide world class performance. All this adds up to your best value in anchoring safety and convenience.
Boat anchor size recommendations are for boats of average windage and proportions in 30 knots of wind, average bottom conditions, and moderate protection from open seas. Remember that the loads in 42 knots of wind are twice as much as in 30 knots. 6-12 ft (2-4 m) of chain and a minimum of 5:1 scope. Also, a minimum of 6 ft (2 m) of chain should be used for every 25 ft (8 m) of water depth. For storm conditions use an anchor one or two sizes larger.
Fortress Anchor Features
- Award Winning Design.
- Tough anodized finish.
- High-tech, rustproof aluminum alloy.
- Superior holding power at a fraction of the weight.
- Highest rating in over 20 independent tests worldwide.
- Easily assembles and disassembles for convenient storage.
- Adjustable fluke angles (32° for common bottoms, 45° for soft mud).
- Approved by American Bureau of Shipping (ABS).
- Used by the U.S Navy and U.S Coast Guard.