Using these precision marine hand bearing compasses, you can easily obtain quick magnetic bearings on shore or floating objects. Obtain a bearing simply by aligning front and rear sights on an object and reading off bearing. Uses include quick bearing or position set, determination of angular gain or loss on the competition while racing, checking distance offshore, establishing lee-bow set while cruising or racing in currents, drift vectoring and plotting a line of position.
• Stable, liquid-damped compass card graduated in 5deg segments. Bold graduations every 15deg for easy reading.
• Large, contoured handle designed for sure, steady grip and angled forward for added control.
• Lightweight design for easier bearing.
• Lanyard and instructions included.
FEATURES UNIQUE TO ILLUMINATED MODEL:
• Solid-state LED ( Light Emitting Diode) illumination system floods the compass capsule and sight vane with soft light.
• Positive "Push-on" switching action, with vinyl boot water protection. Battery housing has high watertight integrity.
• Made of high impact, grey plastic.