KiwiGrip anti-slip marine deck coating is a revolutionary, safe, durable, non-skid deck treatment that comes out of the can with a thick, yogurt-like, consistency — but spreads quickly and easily with our proprietary roller. KiwiGrip offers a beautiful, consistent, grippy surface. By varying the application technique, the texture can be adjusted from “fine” to “aggressive.”
What’s so special about KiwiGrip?
Unlike other marine anti-skid deck coatings, KiwiGrip was developed by a New Zealand yachtsman for yachtsmen. It’s not just another industrial product stumbling upon a marine application.
KiwiGrip is . . .
- A very hard acrylic polymer providing a durable, homogeneous, elastic anti-skid surface
- Low-glare, IR reflective finish
- Homogeneous color – won’t wear through and expose filler materials
- Available in white, cream, light grey
- Apply over wood, fibreglass, epoxy, concrete, or metal (following proper primers)
- Rolls on nicely over other worn non-skid surfaces with only a scrub and scuff-up —
no need to grind or sand smooth first
- Non-toxic, no volatile solvents
- No toxic solvents or cleansers needed to prepare surface
- Cleans up with soap and water
KiwiGrip is a homogenous material, so it doesn’t present the problems encountered with products filled with sand, walnut shells, beads, rubber fleck, or other fillers. Anti-skid coatings with fillers tend to wear through, and the fillers fall out — leaving an unsafe deck that’s hard to clean and even harder to re-coat. With Kiwigrip, re-coating is a breeze, and repairs are invisible.
KiwiGrip is applied by brush and our special texture roller, and so is considerably easier, faster and less expensive to apply than spray or two-part anti-slip deck coatings.
Coverage: 2 square meters per litre (approximately 80 SF/Gal).