steering is brought to you by the manufacturers of SeaStar®, the most trusted
name in pleasure boat steering. BayStar allows you to install all of the
safety, reliability and comfort of hydraulic steering onto your boats rated up
to MAX. 150HP as rated by the engine manufacturer. Combine this with the
superior SeaStar Solutions design team, rigid ISO quality control and teamed
with the finest materials and precision manufacturing—BayStar continues the
tradition bringing comfort and safety to boating.
The BayStar steering
system consists of a super low friction helm for smooth comfortable steering, a
balanced cylinder–featuring a compact design that fits most splashwells. For
your convenience two lengths of 20’ cut to fit tubing are supplies (2 x 20’
length), two bottles of hydraulic steering fluid, and one fill tube for easy
fill and purge.
BayStar is NOT
recommended in applications with high steering effort (i.e. such as those using
high performance engines or boats capable of attaining high speeds), customers
should consider upgrading the system to SeaStar/SeaStar Pro steering . This
will reduce the steering effort due to the fact that SeaStar steering provides
more output power resulting in lower steering effort.
- Patented No FeedBack™ Steering lock valves.
- 5 turns lock-to-lock.
- Up to 150 horsepower (total).
- Available either as separate components or as a complete
system ready to install.
- Fixed cylinder.
- BayStar hydraulic tubing cut to suit application.
- Tilt option available.
- Requires 3” (76mm) cut-out hole in dash.
- Requires 21” (534mm) splashwell width.
BayStar Steering Kit
- 1 x BayStar helm pump (HH4314-3)
- 1 x BayStar Cylinder (HC4645H-3)
- 1 x BayStar Tubing kit (HT4420H, 2 x 20′ hoses)
- 2 x Hydraulic Steering Fluid (HA5430)
- 1 x Filler Kit (HA5438)
DO NOT use BayStar on smaller HP outboard engines that use
wing nut type transom mount clamping screws.
Tilt Helm HH4315 is available separately. Currently
not available in kit form.